This Notice explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We (Kingston Property Services, part of the Bernicia Group) are the Data Controller for any information we hold. We are responsible for the collection, processing, storage and security of that information and take its privacy and security very seriously. We will store and process your information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and other relevant legislation. Kingston Property Services is registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller under reference Z3135009.
We will treat your personal information fairly and lawfully and we will ensure that information is:
- Processed for limited purposes
- Kept up to date, accurate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept longer than is necessary
- Kept secure
- Contact Form
- Customer portal
- Over the telephone or in person
- Name and address
- Bank details (if a Direct Debit mandate has been completed)
- Ground rent and service charge details
- Contact details e.g. by phone, post or email
- Any third-party details you may have provided to us for contact in the event of an emergency
- Collect ground rent and service charges from you
- Contact you about things that may affect you
- Arrange repairs whereby access to your property or further information from you is required by our contractors
- With your Landlord i.e. the Freeholder or Resident Management Company who appoints us
- With third party service providers in connection with services performed on our behalf. For example, Solicitors, courts and debt collection agencies. Our relationships with such providers are governed by our contracts with them which include strict data sharing and confidentiality protocols
- Repairs contractors so that they can undertake repairs and arrange access if required
- Your insurance providers and their agents where a claim is required
- Police and local council when requested to do so
- Companies House for the purpose of registering individuals as Directors of Residents’ Management Companies should they volunteer to do so
We will not discuss your personal information with anyone other than you, unless you have given us prior written authorisation to do so or in accordance with the law. We process your information for the performance of a contract or agreement to which you are party.
How do we collect information about you?
We hold details of leasehold and freehold owners which may include:
We use your information to:
Normally, only our employees will be able to see and process your personal information. However, there may be times when we will share relevant information with third parties. When sharing information this will be done on a strictly need to know basis and we will comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation. Where necessary or required, we may share your personal information as follows:
We will store the information provided by you for a period of 6 years from the date of collection. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. At all times Kingston Property Services will take technical and organisational measures to protect the confidentiality and securing of personal information, irrespective of the method of collection. We do not envisage transferring any information about you or relating to you outside of the European Economic Area other than indicated above and we have a commitment from our business partners and data processors that they honour this commitment.
You have rights under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation regarding the information Kingston Property Services processes about you. These rights include: Right of access – You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you; to know what we hold, what format it is in, and have a copy of it if you wish. This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR). This is a more formal process than, for example, requesting something like a copy of a statement of your account. Our staff will explain when your enquiry falls under the Subject Access Request. Right to erasure/Right to be forgotten – You have the right to request that all data held by KPS is deleted. You can make this request at any time but please be aware that we may have to retain your information due to specific legislative requirements.
Any rights requests should be directed to the Data Protection Officer, Kingston Property Services, Cheviot House, Beaminster Way East, Kingston Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 2ER, or by email at DPO@kingstonpropertyservices.co.uk.
The Information Commissioner (ICO) is a source of further information about your data protection rights. You also have a right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the ICO ico.org.uk or Phone 0303 123 1113.
This privacy notice is regularly updated to ensure its relevance and was last reviewed in October 2018.